As a kid, remember how excited you were for your new “grown up” teeth to arrive? If you’ve lost teeth or are at risk of losing teeth, you can experience that excitement again! Dental implants are the closest thing to your natural teeth, and most patients with one to several missing teeth are good candidates for dental implants.
If you are missing one or multiple teeth, are healthy enough to undergo a routine oral surgery, have healthy gums and enough bone to support the implant, you could be a candidate for dental implants. There are some health issues ‐ such as uncontrolled chronic health conditions or a history of radiation to the head and neck ‐ which may change your treatment plan. At Rolling Hills Dental in Maryville, we complete a personal consultation to address your specific situation in detail. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
As an alternative treatment to removable appliances, dental implants have many key benefits, including:
1. With proper care, dental implants will last your lifetime!
2. Dental implants look and function like natural teeth. No one will know you have an
implant but you and your dentist.
3. Dental implants become a permanent part of you, with the surrounding bone growing around the base over time. They are as close to natural teeth as possible.
4. Regular brushing and flossing is all that’s needed to care for implants ‐ no need for embarrassing denture cups and fizzy cleaner sitting on your bathroom counter.
5. Implants don’t wiggle or slip like removable dentures can, so activities like eating and talking won’t be negatively affected.
6. Missing teeth cause wear and damage to the surrounding healthy ones. Alternatively,
implants keep your natural teeth and bone structure healthy.
7. Implants allow you to regain your beautiful smile and confidence.
8. Removable dentures and bridges can often be uncomfortable, especially over time.
With implants, you’ll be comfortable and pain‐free.
9. Implants have been around for nearly 50 years. They have a long history of improvements in that time and, as a result, are 95% successful.
10. You still need to brush and floss for gum health, but your implant will never get a cavity!
Dental implants are an excellent way to invest in your long term oral health. At Rolling Hills, we are happy to discuss your specific case, answer questions, and show you just how quickly you can have your smile back.
Visit our dental implants page for more information.
If you live or work near Maryville, call us to schedule your consultation at (865) 983-4444. We look forward to helping you regain your smile with dental implants!