Is your smile begging for help but you can’t afford months of invasive dental procedures or years with braces? Porcelain veneers can alleviate many aesthetic issues in as few as two office visits with Dr. Marty Lindahl, respected dentist in Maryville, TN!
Hate It? Hide It!
What’s bothering you about your smile? Is it:
- widely spaced teeth?
- oddly shaped or overly small teeth?
- a chipped tooth?
- persistent stains that won’t respond to teeth whitening?
- slightly crooked or overlapping front teeth?
Porcelain veneers are a thin, durable restoration that can help maintain the structural strength of teeth while concealing their flaws. Its light-reflecting qualities contribute to a beautifully resurfaced and natural-appearing smile. Is it the best choice for you?
Whitening, Bonding, Crowns—or Veneers?
The cosmetic dentistry procedures mentioned above all have their place, yet here’s why porcelain veneers may be your better option:
- Whitening—Professional whitening is incapable of removing deep dental stains. One example is a tooth that’s been damaged by trauma and turned greyish—no amount of bleaching will ever restore it to white. The thin laminate of a veneer however can cover and “whiten” such a tooth to perfection!
- Bonding—Spatial gaps (or other issues) may be addressed with bonding, but its physical elements lack the durability and light-reflecting qualities that porcelain veneers have. Bottom line: Veneers appear more natural and last longer.
- Crowns—To install, these require removing considerably more of your healthy tooth structure than thin porcelain veneers would.
How It’s Done
A carefully designed porcelain veneer, slimmer than the thickness of a fingernail, is capable of smoothing over many dental woes!
A dental veneer procedure is really quite efficient. Using a gentle buffing tool, a dentist removes just a miniscule amount of enamel from the front surface of your tooth. This makes room for the new veneer. Once the veneers precision design is complete, it can be bonded directly to the tooth with dental cement that holds for more than a decade. You’re ready for the big reveal!
Impress yourself and others by achieving your dream smile within just a few short dental visits! Porcelain veneers are simpler than you’d think. Step one is arranging that dental consult today with your dentist in Maryville, TN, to learn compatibility and cost details!
Share with us: In what year, and for what event, do you think dental veneers made their first appearance?